Friday, January 14, 2011

I should have been a hippy !


I should have been a hippy but I grew up in Lincolnshire! I loved it, I'm a country girl but all we got was one local festival I was too young to go to and loon pants.

I've made up for it since I came here to go to University and stayed. I have seen lots of live music, been to a party that was really cool and turned out to be the local dealers works do. 

Walked in some wonderful places and had some mad camping trips.

But the thing I have done that makes me stay is make some incredible friends.

A network of unconditional friends is a basic necessity for a happy life and I value mine. They know who they are.

I always told anyone who asked the most important thing in life is to be true to yourself. We all have a duty to seek to understand ourself and in doing so accept our-self warts and all. 

This is easy to say and harder to do. That's where the network of unconditional love from your friends is so important.

But I'm a soldiers daughter and I believe its the journey that matters, learning to love yourself can take a long time and you can learn a lot along the way.

If we reflect on our experiences after a suitable time there will always be a new insight, nothing is ever wasted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment